Tuesday, November 08, 2011

I started playing CHESS

Last Sunday night, I requested Mami to buy me a new boardgame called CHESS from Tesco. I have heard about it, but have never played the game. That night itself, Dadi had to take some time to teach me how to play the game.


I was so excited with the new game. As it was a Public Holiday on Monday, I called my Ah Kim to ask if I could go over to her house to play with my cousin, Nicolas Kor Kor. It was a challenging but fun game.

I continued playing the game with my Kakak and Mami when I came back from Ah Kim's house. In fact, I think I played the game almost the whole day. I was really proud when I managed to win over Mami in one game.

I can't wait to see Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah next month. I want to challenge them too in a game of Chess. My "know-it-all" Yeh Yeh would certainly be a challenge to me. I've got to practise more before I play with him.

Message from Mami:
Benjamin has always regarded his Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah as the "know-it-all" grandparents. He looks highly on them because Yeh Yeh seems to know every type of sports and games. He believes that Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah are highly intellectual because Yeh Yeh preaches in Church (Chinese Service) and Mah Mah is a retired teacher.

No comments: