Saturday, November 26, 2011

Treasured moments with Paternal Grandparents

I wish to write about my Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah so that I can remember them when I grow up. My Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah are staying in Ipoh. They are both retired, helping my Ku Ku and Ku Cheong to take care of my cousins, Joel and Jared.

I always regard my Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah as the "Know-It-All" grandparents. You'll understand why when you read on.

My Yeh Yeh is a retired engineer, Dadi says that he studied in a place called Calgary in Canada, which is very far away. Dadi says he was a Colombo scholar, I don't know what that means though ... Yeh Yeh is a smart engineer and worked in a factory called UAC in Ipoh.

My Mah Mah on the other hand a retired teacher, Dadi says that she taught Geography, English and Capentry Living Skills in school. Dadi says she was a Perak State Scholar.  In school Mah Mah used to be a disciplinary mistress.... emmmm but she doesn't look strict to me... But Dadi says that she was strict with him when he was younger.

They have an active lifestyle in Ipoh. They are very much involved in church activities. Yeh Yeh is serving in the Chinese Church and Mah Mah is a Committee Member in the Church Kindergarden. They are also involved in other social work.

Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah like to travel with their church group, Dadi is always saying that they are in China, Turkey or some other place I have not heard of before. I wonder if I am able to go to those places when I am all grown up like them.

I love my Mah Mah and Yeh Yeh around because they always teach me new things, Yeh Yeh taught me ping pong, carroms, badminton... Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah brought me to buy my first badminton racket in Ipoh. If I have a question I don't have an answer to, I can call Mah Mah and she will explain things to me.

If Dadi travels for a long time, Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah will come down to take care of me and Shaun. Especially in the last two years when Ah Mah was not well, they will come down to take care of me and Shaun Shaun whenever possible. It is fun having them around...

I thank God for my Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah and I love them very much.

No comments: