Sunday, January 15, 2012

Food Allergy

If God would grant me a wish, I wish God will take away my allergy. I am lactose intolerant. I am also unable to eat eggs. I do not avoid eggs altogether, but Mami does control my egg intake.

I just wish that I can enjoy good food just like other people. I can't eat chocolates or ice creams or pizzas or drink milk shakes. Once in a while, Dadi and Mami would allow me to eat a little, but most of the time, it's a "No". My allergy symptoms differ from time to time. My worst symptom would be the swelling of my lips and gums which may lead to gum infection. I would have to take antibiotics if there is a gum infection. With a little dairy, I would normally have sore throat. I would have to gargle sea salt twice a day to prevent me from getting tonsillitis. Mami would also give me two doses of Esberitox each day.

I really envy other children who are able to eat anything they want. I have been praying that God will remove my allergy. I pray that God will grant me my heart's desire one day. Mami said that I have to be patient for the day to come.

1 comment:

ChloeRuoyi said...

Hopefully one day, you will grow out of all your allergies. With God's healing hands, you will. Just be patient ya :)