Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bedtime Prayer and Blessing

Ever since Mami had stopped working and became a full time mummy two years ago, our family has never missed a bedtime prayer. It would either be Mami or Dadi leading in prayer before giving us a blessing. Sometimes, we take turns to pray.

Mami has been sick with flu and cough over the past three weeks. Dadi has been trying to come back early over the past two weeks to pray with us. It has been difficult for Mami to say our bedtime prayer out loud. She would cough repeatly if she does.

Dadi is away for work this week. Shaun Shaun and I have been good boys. Instead of Mami praying for us, we would lead in prayer. Shaun Shaun would always start in prayer and I would end the prayer. Mami would still give us our daily blessings. Our standard blessing as follows:

"You are my beloved son, in you I am well pleased and on you my favour rest"

Our blessing comes with a big hug and a kiss too.

No comments: