Monday, March 02, 2015

2015 Chinese New Year

It felt like a long Chinese New Year holiday this year. Our family went back to Ipoh on New Year's eve. We left at 5:15 a.m. in the morning and the traffic was a little heavier than usual. However, it only took us about 15 minutes extra from our usual travelling time to Ipoh.

This Chinese New Year was a little sad for our family. Firstly I fell ill with high fever on the day I arrived Ipoh. After two days, Shaun Shaun TiTi must have caught my virus and had fever too. While battling with fever, the family received news that Dadi's uncle passed away on the 1st day of Chinese New Year. 

So, instead of bright coloured clothes, Dadi and Mami had to go and buy dark coloured clothes in Ipoh to wear for the wake services.

Nevertheless, it was still a good trip back to Ipoh, spending time with my Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah. We had a good reunion dinner in a nearby restaurant. Food was good. I managed to see some of my cousins at the wake service. These are cousins whom I seldom meet. I managed to take a photo with one cousin.

We left from Ipoh to Kuala Lumpur on the 4th day of Chinese New Year. Traffic was not as bad as expected as we left at about 9 a.m. It took us about 3 hours to arrive home. Praise God we travelled safely. 

Photos are little dark as we took
the photos outdoor at night.


3 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

Nice pix with your cousin. Your cousin is so pretty! :)

Ben and Shaun said...

Yes she is.

Ben and Shaun said...

Yes she is.